Preparation time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Medium
For making bees
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Goody creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 black dates
- 24 almonds, cut into halves
- 3 Tbsp readymade yellow icing
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How to Prepare:
Servings: 24 people
- Preheat oven to 175 C, then line a cupcake pan with paper cups.
- In large bowl, using electrical mixer beat sugar, peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, honey and vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour alternatively with the milk until mixed very well, then stir in the chopped dates.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the muffin batter into each cup, bake for 18 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Make bees and place on top of the muffins.
Suggestion: For a more healthy muffins use all wheat flour.