It’s a traditional date dessert in a very innovative way that will gain the admiration of those who eat it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
- 3/4 cup of Goody vegetable margarine
- 1 ½ cup of regular flour
- 3 cups of dates, cored and finely minced
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/2 can of sweet condensed milk
- 3 tbsps of Goody soft peanut butter
- 4 tbsps almond, roasted and crushed for garnish
Cooking time: 10 minutes
How to prepare:
Servings: 8 people
- Add the margarine in a large pot then add the flour, stir over medium heat for 7 – 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes light golden.
- Remove the flour from the heat then add the minced dates, mash well with a mashing tool until they are combined.
- Add the cardamom, the sweet condensed milk and the peanut butter to the date mixture; stir well until the mixture is completely incorporated.
- Place the Al Haysa in a serving dish and garnish with roasted almonds, serve either hot or at room temperature.
You can roll the Al Haysa then cover it with the roasted almonds and serve it as shown in the picture.